Outdoor news and information from industry insiders

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trip of a Lifetime is here - Himalayan Trip

Well in two days I am off to the Himalayas in India. I won this trip from Marmot and the dZi foundation and have been counting the days. For me this is a trip that I have dreamed of since I was a kid, when the days of climbing was not about how many carbs where you eating but how many beers you could drink. I remember meeting Don Whillans before he died and what an amazing climber he was and how some of my friends still could not climb like him and that is how I started climbing and still carries over to this day.

This is my 40Th year and I made it this far which amazes me through some of the mis- adventures I have been through.

I fly to India on May 18th and then fly to
Leh which everyone tells me is an amazing flight over the Himalayas. We then stay for a day in Leh as we fly in at 11,000ft and then we are off for 3 days by jeep to tour the area that people just never get to see. After that we are volunteering in a clinic for 3 days which will truly be amazing to give something back. Then we start the big trek that starts in:

Chilling in the Ladakh Range, try googleearth.com its cool. Then we hike through the Markha valley to places like Kaya, Chalak and over to 16,500ft to Hangkar and finally ending in Hemis. Wow is all I can say.





Chilling, Start of the trek








Bentgear.com
"Geared for Adventure"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home