Outdoor news and information from industry insiders

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gear Review - Week One

This is the first of my weekly gear reviews on what and why I am taking certain gear to the Himalayas. I am trekking in the Markha Valley in May/June and will reach an elevation of 16,500ft.
The Marmot Couloir is a 0 degree down bag with 800 down fill that will not only loft better than a 650 degree down bag, but also compresses down far better so you get more space for your buck. The climate will be dry so I wanted something that was highly breathable but with a DWR finish. Also as a woman I do get cold especially in the feet and hip area the Couloir provides great insulation in these areas.








Bentgear.com
Geared for Adventure















Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home