Outdoor news and information from industry insiders

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gear Review - Trekking Poles

Well as I continue the final count down to the Himalayas in May, I am gathering the outdoor gear I am taking with me as well as the person I am taking with me. I and my guest are taking different styles of trekking poles so it will be interesting on what the end result will be at the end of our Himalayan adventure.


I am taking the Black Diamond Contour Compact Trekking Pole:



I am taking the Black Diamond Contour trekking poles because they are compact and will fit into my travel duffle. Besides that, after trying them out a few times the Contour's are light and the 15 degree angle is really nice with a non slip foam grip that even after a days hiking did not make me sweaty. I feel comfortable with the Black Diamond Flick Lock system and the binary system on the lower half and find them easy to use.



My Guest is taking Life Link Guide Ultra Light trekking pole:


My guest is taking the Life Link Guide Ultra Light trekking poles because they to, are light and have a foam grip handle. The concerns my guest has with the Black Diamond is the flicklock system and will it hold up in the Himalayas and take a good beating. But the Life Link Guide Ultra Light trekking poles also have moving parts so we will see which pair hold up to our test.

Next week's review will be down jackets for the Himalayas.

Bentgear.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home